"The Putdown" 2009 Part 1

Every year without fail I make things like Jam's pickles, chutneys, wines etc and it is always referred to affectionately as "The Putdown". Why because I have put it down for the winter months, primarily Christmas when not as much varied ingredients are available to us. I utilise pickling, jam making, jelly making, wine making, beer making, ginger beer,freezing, drying and bottling methods to achieve this as well as other methods not listed and I try and make best use of what is available and whatever comes my way. I hope that what little I do will inspire you to have a go at something yourself and if you ever want any help just yell; I am still learning too but if I can help I will.

This is primarily for pantry stock and doesn't include anything have prepared for the freezer for general use. Not having many pennies has put a slight restriction on things but hasn't stopped me completely. So far this year I have prepared the following:


Seville Orange Marmalade

Vanilla Demerarara Brown Sugar

Vanilla White Sugar

Cinnamon Demerara Brown Sugar

Cinnamon White Sugar

Home Made Vanilla Essence

Home made chilli flakes from some of my older home dried chillies

Chilli Sherry


WORK TO BE COMPLETED CARRIED OUT IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

Started the Ginger Beer Plant off to be completed next week

Lemon Jelly

Orange Jelly

Lemon Oil

Dried Oyster Mushrooms

Broth Posies

Lavender Sugar

Orange/Lemon Sugar

Candied Fruits

Preserved Ginger in Syrup

Crystallised Violets

Crystallised Primroses

Crystallised Rose Petals

Dried Apricot Paste

Angelica Ratafia

Hawthorn Flower Essence

Hawthorn Flower Liqueur

Elderflower Champagne

Elderflower Cordial

Imperial Pop

Bovey Belle's Mincemeat

Gooseberry Curd

Gooseberry and Elderflower Curd

I will also be sorting out the freezers soon for the new seasons produce and if there is any fruit in the way then I shall turn this into preserves as well. Well I think that's enough to be getting on with for now; but no doubt I shall add further items as I go along.

Comments

Popular Posts