Home Made Old Fashioned Lemonade

I am quite partial to fruit teas and these days I only very rarely indulge in coffee, as it does not always agree with me. Every so often however I really get fed up with what I am drinking and this is when I make a batch of home made old fashioned lemonade - it is really refreshing and can be made at any time of year. It is best served chilled.

Ingredients

6 lemons
2lbs sugar
3 pints of boiling water.

Method

Scrub lemons, wipe dry then thinly pare the rind off the lemons using a potato peeler. Make sure not to have too much pith on as this can make the drink extremely bitter; tartness is one thing bitterness another.

Cut the lemons into small wedges and put into a large saucepan with the rind, the sugar and the boiling water.

Boil for 15 minutes then allow to stand until completely cool.

Strain the lemonade. I then decant into stoppered bottles and chill and store in the fridge until ready to serve. When that batch is used up make another. You can in effect make this all year round.

Comments

  1. This sounds lovely, I'll have to try it.

    Maxine
    http://slowingdownwiththejones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs Jones to be pleased to meet you. It really is a nice recipe and is very refreshing. Hope it works for you

    Take care

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts