Otters and Owls

When we go on holiday down to Cornwall we always call in to the Tamar Otter Trust which is based in North Petherwin, Near Launceston, Cornwall. http://www/tamarotters.co.uk. Its a lovely place to go especially with young children and you can see the otters in their pens and being fed, if you time your visits correctly. There is also a wooded area with Muntjac Deer in and other birds of prey and also Owls and Peacocks and other wild birds and animals. It has a very good cafe and in this day and age is not that expensive to go in - they do a lot of good with the conservation and the welfare of the animals coming first every time.

Their gift shop is also very good or it has been in the past. Its some three years or so since I paid a visit, but in the past I have bought a selection of Owl Paintings and an Otter which are hand-painted on to Cornish Slate by a local Artist Elizabeth Gill. Each piece of slate has been used and painted on and imperfections in the slate have also been used to advantage. I have them on a wall in my front room at the moment. I also have two Otters painted on slices of Agate by a different artist. I thought I would share these with you as it shows that beautiful Art work can be painted on other materials other than paper, canvas or wood with good effect. And sharing this might give those gifted artists amongst us scope for trying something different. I love beautiful original artwork, I just wish I could paint like this.

Here are some photo's of my pictures.




Comments

Popular Posts