Welcome bounty

Well it looks as though I am going to be doing a lot of preserving in the next few days or so. Some of the girls I work with have given me loads of conference pears and victoria plums to play with. So it looks as though plum jelly, plum jam,bottled plums, plum sauce, plum leather, plumbeena, plum chutney are on the cards over the next few working days. It looks as though I am going to be busy. I also intend to go blackberrying and do a bramble and pear bottled pie filling,bottled blackberries, pickled blackberries,blackberry and apple leather, bramble whisky, bramble chutney, pear and ginger jam, pickled pears, pear chutney, and pears in syrup, apple pear and ginger mincemeat, mulled pears,

I didn't get elderberries last year so am determined to get some this year - that goes for sloes too.
I am also keeping my eyes peeled for any fruits that have been reduced in price, predominantly srawberries and raspberries and thought I might try some bottled strawberries/raspberries in syrup and also a mixed fruit jam which will be nice as a gateau/cake filling with some fresh cream or buttercream.

I nipped into Waitrose today and found blackcurrants, redcurrants, raspberries, greengages so I may go back towards the end of the week armed with the shopping trolley to stock up a little more and also possibly nip to the market to see what they have.

Waitrose also had Green Hazlenuts/Filbert nuts in - first time I have seen them for a long time, so if you are lucky enough to have a source of these I am deeply envious.

It looks as though I am going to be a tad busy!

Comments

Popular Posts