Sleepy Sunday

Oh well after my falling asleep/crashing out on the settee last night I spent most of last night tossing and turning - I just could not get comfortable. I got too hot and then as soon as I slung the bedcovers off I got too cold. I haven't had much energy today either I hope I am not going into a bad patch with the arthritis again.

We went to the farm shop this morning to get something for Sunday dinner and ended up with a lovely piece of Gloucester Old Spot pork for Sunday dinner. It was full of flavour and we thoroughly enjoyed the same. I cooked extra so that we can have a quick meal tomorrow night courtesy of the microwave. I always try and cook a piece of pork in the run up to Christmas as I get all the lovely pork dripping for using with roast potatoes and other roast veg over the next few weeks or so. There is a method in my madness.

I also bought a pack of Beef Skirt to make home made potted beef and some chicken livers for inclusion in home made pate as well as the usual suspects of bacon, and sausages for OH. I intend to get some sausagemeat and turkey breasts to make home made seasonal feasting pie as well as some curd cheese to make a feasting cheesecake too and some sausagemeat for home made sausage rolls. I also received a brace of pheasant yesterday which are now safely esconced in the freezer. I love pheasant. Hopefully when I go to the butchers next week they will also have some pigeon breasts and some mixed game bags so that I can do a game pie as well.

Fortunately I have had a few days off this past week and have another week to come before Christmas but I have a lot to do and little time to do it in. I am still wading my way through a very large ironing pile - but I see a light at the end of the tunnell and with a bit of luck will get it all completed by tomorrow.

Well upwards and onwards.

Comments

Popular Posts