2010.02.14 My Day

Have had a very quiet day here in Peterborough. The day started off not too well as I read of a fellow blogger(Nita) losing her husband to cancer. [[major hugs to her and her family] Please take care. I feel very much for them at this time. It is all very sad and no matter how prepared you are it is always a shock when anything like this happens.

Last weekend we had a new garden centre open on the Eye bypass called Peterborough Garden Park Retail Outlet, which is dominated by a Van Hage Garden Centre which I didn't get into but it has lots of little shops like Le Creuset shop, a cheapie book shop, pet food shop and various other little shops outside - but the reason I went there was to have a look at the New Hobbeycraft store. It was well worth the visit and I think I will be popping backwards and forwards on a regular basis there plenty of everything including items I haven't been able to get readily in Peterborough - I like beading and they have an excellent choice on beads, wool, patchwork material needlecraft wools, threads and lots of things I didn't expect in the floristy department and the cake making and decorating section. Was quite taken with the wool as well quite reasonable on the prices. We took Missy with us althoug she wasn't allowed in most of the shops, but there was a nice walking area outside. Everybody came over to her to make a fuss she is a real little cutie.

We then popped over to see OH's sister and his niece and spent some time chatting with them and introducing Missy. Fluff the Cat introduced himself and flew at Missy and bopped her one and then flew out again. We then came back and started tea. We have had roast pork (Gloucester Old Spot) my home made crab apple jelly which was delicious served up with sweet potato and rosemary roasties, roast potatoes, roast parsnip mashed potato, carrots broccoli and cabbage with home made roasted vegetable and garlic gravy. Very tasty it was too.

This evening I have watched Lark Rise to Candleford and then the Seven Ages of Britain. Now that really is an excellent programme. I have also spent sometime catching up on reading blogs etc and playing catch up with my friends and am just about to disappear to bed.

Take care everyone

Tricia

xx

Comments

  1. Sounds like a really pleasant day, the Hobbycraft stores are good aren't they? We have one at Meadowhall that I go in occasionally.
    It's so very sad about P isn't it? Poor Nita, she has a difficult time ahead of her but it sounds as though she has very supportive friends and family to help her through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I miss about England is watching t.v. I know, it's a strange thing. There I am, in my hotel room, my husband waiting for me, ready to go sight-seeing and there I am, in front of the t.v. telling him, "Wait, it's almost over". Our BBC America station here is terrible. Non-stop Dr. Who and a couple other shows I wouldn't watch, even over there. So, a silly thing to say but I bet the shows you mentioned were great :) and the food sounds wonderful...as always! My distant but heartfelt condolences to your friend, Nita. My heart goes out to her. Take care...E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rowan

    It was a nice relaxing day which I was in dire need of and I enjoyed it. I like messsing around with different crafts and playing so I think Hobbycraft will help out quite a bit in that respect. I was particulary impressed with the price of the wool as it has been so expensive in John Lewis of late and they don't really do many cheapy ranges to make scrap blankets like the ones I have on the go at the moment.

    It is upsetting about P - it bought back memories of my friend Brian who passed two years ago in January who passed from liver cancer. P will now be at peace and will not suffer anymore, but that doesn't take away the pain and loss of someone very special. I think Nita has a sound support network with her friends and with her family. But although a short time together I think that short time was so much full of love that she will have her memories and will be surrounded by love from P and her loved ones. Its all very very sad and my heart goes out to them.

    I hope you and yours are all well and that you have had news from your family in South Africa.

    Take care

    lol

    pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth

    I am not a techie when it comes to computers and I don't know whether you would get access to any of the programmes available to us from the States but in this country we can watch T.V. programmes on BBC i player on our computers. You might have to type in www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and see whether you access the service. It should bring a menu up of choices of programmes to watch. You can also access ITV Player in a similar fashion. The Lark Rise to Candleford dramatisation programme is based on the book by Flora Thompson, and the Seven Ages of Britain is presented by David Dimbleby and if you love history I think you will enjoy as it basically follows the history of a particular period. Last night it was Henry VIII and they find the relics of the period even if they are the other side of the world and give historical details including new inventions of the time etc.

    It would be great if you did have access as I might be able to point you in the right direction of the programmes on television.

    I must agree that Sunday afternoons in particular are ideally suited to curling up on the sofa with a nice log fire burning and indulging in watchin films or programmes that take your interest. Especially with a steaming mug of chocolate and or milky coffee. I especially have a soft spot for programmes like the Waltons, Darling Buds of May, Old Silas sort of family orientated programmes of times gone by. Big softie really. Dinner was very tasty OH has had a big plateful again tonight. I have had smoked haddock with poached egg.

    Anyway must get on

    Take care

    lol

    pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts