Moroccan Orange and Cous Cous salad

I love cous cous and it suits me to eat mid-day for my lunch as it is packed full of flavour as well as being filling and healthy to eat and best of all it is ready in no time. As I say I eat it as a mid-day meal in itself, but it can also be added to other meals as well. I tend not to be able to eat loads in one go, so this kind of meal suits me. OH is not keen but I love it.

Serves 4 to 6


6oz cous cous

1 bunch spring onions trimmed and chopped finely

1 small green bell pepper deseeded and chopped

4 inch piece of cucumber chopped

6oz can chick peas rinsed and drained

2 oz sultanas (golden raisins) or raisins

2 Oranges

Salt and Pepper

Lettuce leaves to serve

Sprigs mint to garnish


Dressing


Finely grated rind of 1 orange

1 tablespoon of chopped fresh mint

150ml cup of natural yogurt


Put the cous cous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave it to soak for about 15 minutes to swell the grains then stir with a fork to separate them.

Add the spring onions, green bell pepper, cucumber, chick peas and sultanas (golden raisins or raisins) to the cous cous stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper

To make the dressing mix together the orange rind mint and yogurt. Pour over the cous cous mixture and stir well.

Using a sharp serratedknife remove the peel and the pith from the oranges. Cut them into segments removing all the membrane.

Arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 serving places, divide the cous cous mixture between the plates and arrange the orange segments on top. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and serve.

Comments

  1. Have to confess I've never had cous cous!

    I am not just finally realizing that I cannot eat like I used to, and am trying to eat smaller amounts and more often, so as not to get too hungry. It's a real effort after so many years of "3 squares"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts