Ripening Your Wild Plums

We picked a load of wild plums the other day which were yellow with hardly any pink on them.  Shouldn't have picked them because they were not quite ripe - I beg to differ as you can easily ripen them off with the aid of a couple of bananas on a covered tray as per the photos below.
They are now nearly all a lovely pink colour.  I think the jam pan is going on shortly to process some of natures bounty into home made wild plum preserve.  You can use the same method with ordinary plums, or to get tomatoes to ripen.

And the fruit its absolutely delicious a completely underrated fruit.

Comments

  1. Can I freeze them if I don't have time to processs them now and then make jam later?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I freeze them if I don't have time to processs them now and then make jam later?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisha

    Yes you can do that with any fruit if you do have time to process it from fresh and then just make the jam when you have time.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts