Zahter Seasoning

Now that we appear to be in full swing with salad season (its really too hot to eat even if you feel like eating much) I have been looking at simple ways in which to "pep" up mealtimes.  I have come across this recipe which looks interestin and I believe it is a seasoning that some of the top chefs use. I love sesame seeds anyway and I love them toasted, that might be an extra twist on this recipe as it will release the nuttiness of the sesame seeds.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon/15ml sesame seeds
1 tablespoon/15ml ground dried marjoram
1 tablespoon/15 ml ground dried thyme
1 tablespoon/15ml grated lemon rind.

Method

Mix all the ingredients together and store in a screw-topped jar for up to 2 weeks.  Use to flavour salads, stews and breads or beat into softened butter and spread on to a french stick cut into 1 inch slices.  Wrap in foil and bake in the oven until hot.  Sounds
yummy - must get a french stick tomorrow to try this out.

Comments

  1. Oh, more yummy stuff :) So, pretty warm out your way, huh? Same here! Hope your well...take care. P.S. I thought of you the other day when I saw some apple green gingham ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts