Elderberries

Well the Elderberries are all sorted after going through them and stringing them with a fork to remove the berries and leave the stems intact they are now residing in a brewing bucket in readiness for making Elderberry Wine.  There was 8lbs plus so I have made a couple of gallon of wine. I have never made this wine myself before and am following a recipe from Country Wines and Cordials which apparently makes a sweet strong rich wine which is best drunk after at least a year's storage but preferably three - I don't know as I will be able to wait that long but I am going to give it a go.  It is currently cooling in the bucket, ready for the next stage.  Will post the recipe later on and if I don't try the recipes I will not know whether to repeat the recipe or not, so it is going to be a case of try and see.

Catch you all later.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts