Babysitting

I have been babysitting for my friend Eve who has been on holiday up in Scotland these last few days.  Not a cat or another animal not even a house, but her Bonsai Tree.  I was under strict instructions to keep it somewhere not too warm as it was happier in cooler temperatures so it has been in the smallest room in the house on the windowsill and it seems to be thriving. and also to keep it moist. There is something very intriguing about a bonsai, shall I say it has grown on me.  I had never really given them a thought before babysitting Eve's little plant, but find myself now considering actually purchasing one at some point in the near future.  I must say I have become quite taken with it.  I think by spending time each day with Bonsai that it has readjusted my focus and making me see what is right under my nose; it also gives me me time and thinking space.  A precious commodity in this day and age.  So helping someone has actuallty given me something that I did not expect and a slightly different perception of what Bonsai are all about.  I have enjoyed my visitor -  he  (yes it is a he strong and wiry) but he will soon return to his mum.

P.S. My friend Eve is now home and I was right the plant is a male as far as she is concerned too. Affectionately known as "Freddie"!

Comments

  1. Bonsai are very interestiing. I have two maple trees grown from seed that I am training into bonai. One is four years old and doing very well. It is only 16 inches tall, and at the present time. The second one is only two years old, and not very tall, both are changing colours at the present time. I only wish I could get the leaves to come in a bit smaller. One of the books I have read on the subject indicated that all the leaves should be cut off in June, but I didn't have the heart to do it, just incase I killed it.
    Will have to try it, well, maybe.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Patricia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts