Some more Plants

I went for an amble round the shops at dinner and I am quite chuffed because this dinner time I managed to pick up four fruit bushes at £1 each from the £shop.  Two Tayberry bushes which I am quite delighted about as you don't very often see this fruit about.  I had a couple before and I used to go down the garden and pick the fresh fruit to have on my breakfast cereal it is absolutely delicious and if you get the opportunity to either buy some or try some they really are scrummy.  The other two are Gooseberry bushes.  I am still on the look out for some more as this is a household that loves Gooseberries and fruit of any description.  So will have to see what turns up.  Am after Raspberries, Blackberries, Blackcurrants, Blueberries, Redcurrants, Whitecurrants, yellow raspberries and some small fruit trees; would quite like plum, pear and peach trees. Looks as though I am going to have a lot to do come the weekend, but that will keep me out of mischief, or yet again it might not!

Need to start sorting my seeds out - hopefully that is a job for the weekend.  Will after see if OH will take me to get some compost as I have the four climbing roses and the two paeonies
I have a composter down in the jungle and I aim to get that into production shortly.  Its an ideal place to plant my rhubarb and my horseradish, but needs a little clearing first.  Well that's the outline plan anyway anything I can do to supplement the housekeeping has to be of benefit somewhere down the line.   I also have to get the mustard and cress on the go which is lovely with egg mayonnaise sandwiches.  Me and my tummy.

Take care

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts