2011.07.17 My Day

Well I finished my book yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.  

Today, I started by washing my hair in readiness for going out later on, my hair is quite long and I usually air dry it rather than use a hairdryer as it goes frizzy otherwise.  We were at my mum's before 11.40 a.m in readiness for being at the pub to meet everyone beforehand.  It was lovely to meet up with everyone, although my youngest nephew was not there as he is away in Wales on a PGL trip (Parents Get Lost)  trip.  He should be back tomorrow.  My eldest newphew was there- can't believe he will be 18 next January.  He gets his A level results in August and has been looking at Universities.  He has been to Nottingham and went to Sheffield earlier in the week.  Looks as though he will if he gets his Alevels be looking to do a Doctorate in Chemistry a four year course.  He is a sensible young man, a very hard worker and he knows what he wants to do.  We are all so very proud of him  and I know my Dad would have been too.

We had a carvery meal which was very tasty - apart from the stuffing balls.  Why is it that whenever you go out for a meal they never quite get the stuffing right.  We always put sausagemeat in  - makes it far tastier.  But the rest of the meal was very nice.  Needless to say I have not had anything further to eat for the rest of the day.

One of the reasons for the meal was to celebrate my brother's silver wedding anniversary although it transpires that they have known each other for about 35 years.  On further discussion it transpires that it is my baby brother's 50th next year and it would seem that OH and I have known each other 25 years next year too.

I really enjoyed today being with my closest family members, trouble is time always goes too quickly.  Missy was left with my step-son who baby sat her. Apparently she fell asleep on his lap.
I have been sorting some paperwork out this evening, only got it part done but hopefully will get it sorted and all filed in the filing cabinet tomorrow night.

Anyway time for bed.
Catch you soon

Pattypan
xx

Comments

  1. Hi gorgeous

    Have missed our email "chats"

    Always love stopping by!

    Kimmie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you enjoyed your day out. Sounds as though Missie enjoyed herself too:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts