Chilli and Garlic Tortilla Chips

I like Tortilla chips but I find the price of them in the shop a little exorbitant, so me being me went searching for a recipe and I have come up with this one, made of ingredients that in most households are to hand.

Make some home made Guacamole and cream cheese, and use the chips to tuck in or liberally sprinkle chopped chilli, cheese and grated cheese warm in the oven until the cheese has melted and devour.

Ingredients

125g/4oz medium or coarse yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup/90g all purpose plain flower
Pinch of salt
1 green chilli pepper finely chopped
1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
1 tablespoon of olive oil
6 tablespoons of milk

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F/Gas Mark 4.

Mix the cornmeal with the flour, salt, chilli and garlic.  Then add the oil and then the milk stirring together until you have a fairly soft dough.  Knead the dough on a floured wooden board for a few minutes.

Break off into small pieces about the size of a walnut in its shell.  Roll each of these out into a thin circle (you can cut each circle into quarters if liked)  Arrange the chips on a greased baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes.  As they come out of the oven brush each with a little more oil.  Store in an air-tight tin/container.

Yummy

Comments

  1. this is a great recipe. May I link to your recipes on my Thursday Tips post, please?

    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela

    That's okay - its a recipe I have had for sometime - I collect recipes out of magazines and put them into a scrap folder and then go through them every so often a habit my mother got me into - don't know where it came from originally but it is one that works quite well.

    Pattypan
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts