2012.02.04 My Day

A busy Saturday whereby I went to the Charity shop as a first port of call and managed to find three very useful items for under a fiver.  Will post another day on this, but still finds all the same.  Last week I found eight little glass jars which I will also seek your opinion on as I found them by chance 8 jars for 10 pence each.  I would like to know if any of you good people have any idea where they came from as I am eager to acquire more if I can - I have a project lined up for later on in the year and I will require quite a few more.  But more on that when the camera is charged and I am able to show you what I am on about.

After that I hit the veg shop; I bought more seville oranges, passion fruit, sweet potatoes, a Savoy Cabbage, parsnip,broccoli, carrots, eggs, onions and swede, and some plums.

Milk was obtained from our local Asian Newsagents/cum supermarket as well as 5kg of sugar.  I also noticed that they had 5kg of Basmati Rice on offer for £4.99 and a large container of Sunflower Oil for £4.99 also.  I will probably get some of this next weekend and some more sugar.  We use a lot of Basmati Rice and Sunflower oil.  I may get two of the Sunflower oil as I also want to have a go at making some soap.

At the Co-Op I bought butter, crumpets, baked beans (on offer) golden syrup three chickens for £10 which are now esconced in the freezer.  If I can next week I would like to get three more (the chickens are fresh) and I would quite like to get some chicken pies made and put up for the freezer.  Will have to see how we go.

It has been bitterly cold here today; we took Missy for a walk and it was bitter, but it made us appreciate the warmth of the house when we got in.  Snow was forecast to start at about 9.00 p.m but it came some three hours early just before 6.00 p.m.  I was picked up by friends just after 6.30 p.m. as I went to Spiratual Church this evening to support a friend who was conducting her first service. Which was a pleasant service as she did very well.  By the time we left just after 8 p.m. the roads were solid with snow and it would appear that they had not gritted.  I have just gone out and it is still snowing and there is a four inch dusting of snow on top of the privet hedge in the front garden and on the dustbins.  We have had quite a lot in a very short space of time and it has settled.

I have also today done most of the washing and also tidied the pantry and the Jam Store out (the Jam Store still needs more work) but we will get there.

Right I am off to get some kip - it is very much a winter wonderland with the snow casting off that eerie white luminous glow outside; and it has warmed up to what it was which makes me think we have more to come. The kids will love it. I have to be up early as have quite a few things to do.

Take care and keep safe wherever you may be

Tata for now catch up soon
Pattypan


x

Pattypan

Comments

  1. Hi Tricia :)

    We've had snow here too, it had started to melt but is now 're-freezing'- about 4-5 inches I would guess.

    You, OH and the furbabies keep warm & snug!

    *H*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts