2012.02.26 My Day Part 1

This morning as the sun was out and about I decided to attack the front garden.   It was well past its Spring clean.   Unfortunately we end up with everybody's rubbish in our garden (not by choice) it just seems to blow in and I had decided enough was enough.  The window boxes had also collapsed and so they have been sent to the big rubbish tip as they had completely gone rotten. So it really needed tidying up.

I also have a large cotoneaster in the garden which had shedded quite a few leaves and branches as well as the holly bush which had also reset itself another plant which we have taken out.   Ground Elder had also set itself in two large clumps and we have dug that out as best we can, but it is something that we seem to have been fighting in the garden ever since we moved here.

It has taken some doing, now it looks nice and tidy after a lot of cutting, digging, clipping  removing rubbish like dead leaves and cellophane wraps from cigarette products, sweeting papers all of which had been dropped in the street and ending up in our garden.  I couldn't find my gardening gloves so a pair of Marigolds had to suffice, but they did the job.  I was pleased to be out in the fresh air for a change as well.  I was going to start on the back garden but I think that will have to wait until next weekend as there is quite a lot of work to do there cleaning everything up and I do not think it will be achieved in one day.  I want a vegetable garden this year so I really do have to get a wriggle on to get everything sorted.  It will be good to restore law and order to the tumble that is my garden at the moment.  I have blackberries  that have self set to dig out and re-plant down the bottom of the garden

I am now back in the house as the temperature has dropped and I have gone cold.  I am tired from being out in the fresh air and all the pulling tugging etc. but at least it is a job well done and I feel chuffed that it looks all spick and span now.  Might go up to the market and see what plants they have got and do some pots for the front just to cheer it up.  Will have to see what's available.

Going to get myself a nice cup of tea and a sit me down for a little while.

Catch up with you all again soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Isn't it great to be able to get out in the garden? I've been doing a a few tasks out there too.
    Hope the cuppa revives you, I think I'll have one with you!
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have warmed up now...if not ANOTHER cup of tea will do it lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts