Apple Cake

I have found this recipe which looks quite scrummy - you see I have some eating apples to use up and I thought the best thing to do was just look around for some apple recipes make what I can and then if there is too much to freeze it.

The ingredients are:

4oz /115g butter
4oz/115g brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
5oz/150g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
apple juice for mixing
2 large eating apples cored
1 teaspoon of demerara sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat the over to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas mark 5

Method

Cream the butter and the sugar together until they are soft and fluffy then gradually beat in the beaten eggs.  Mix together the flour and baking powder and then add them alternatively with the apple juice until you have made a batter of a dropping consistency.  Spread the mixture into a greased swiss roll tin.  Slice the apples into slices and arrange them in rows on the batter.  Sprinkle liberally with the sugar and cinnamon.

Put in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.  Allow to cool and then cut into slices.  Should provide 12 generous slices.

Comments

  1. Mmm! I love apple cake :o)
    When my daughter was a little girl I used to bake a lot, Vicky often re-named things and apple cake is still to me Apple Grungie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds nice, apple cake is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts