Passionfruit Gin/Vodka

This is a recipe I am longing to have a go at as I love passionfruit. It is from a favourite book of mine called Creating Gourmet Gifts by Barbara Beckett ISBN 1-86373-246-2 a book well worth getting hold of if you can.  .The book was one of my reduced buys quite a few years ago but you may be able to pick up a copy either via Abe Books or Amazon.  

Ingredients:

3 cups of passionfruit pulp
1 1/2 cups of sugar
6 cups of gin/vodka

Method

Put the passionfruit pulp into a sterlised kilner/Le Parfait type jar.  Dissolve the sugar in half a cup of water in a saucepan to form a syrup.  Pour it over the passionfruit and then pour in the gin/vodka and leave to mature for a couple of months in a dark cool place. .


To quote the author:

"I collected this recipe from the South of France.  The aroma of the liqueur is heavenly before you even get to taste it.  Not much of it gets given away at our place.  I put this down a lot at the end of summer when passionfruit become cheap in the markets"

With the smell of the Passion Fruit last night, I am just itching to have a go at this but cannot afford the spirit at present.  It is on the to do list!

But at least in the meantime, I can have my meringues/pavlova with fresh passion fruit sauce dribbled all over.  Yummy.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You can't tempt me with this one I'm afraid as I really dislike passionfruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't win them all Rose. Hope you are feeling a little better now; it doesn't help with the weather being so cold chills everyone to their core.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. will leave it to you... I also loath passion fruit xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts