Steaming the Veg

In this day and age it makes sense to keep a lid on the fuel costs wherever possible and one of the ways I do that is by using a steamer.  I have a three tier steamer small size x 2, (stainless steel)  a massive one bought from a Department type store in Bude a few years ago brought out for high days and holidays and when I am feeding a lot of people (also stainless steel). I also have two electric steamers, one oval and ideal for cooking fish the other round and nice and deep so ideal for cooking puddings. If I was feeding a family of four on a daily basis I would have the electric steamers on the go during the week as well.  When I cook a lot of veg at the weekend I use the electric steamer but just use one of the smaller ones during the week.  Why steam my veggies; because for me it retains more of the vitamins and nutrients that we need in our diet and because you can get the veg just done like you prefer it to be done. al dente in the middle or well cooked.   I also use my electric steamer to make home made caramel custard as a treat of a weekend, like most things they are not difficult to do just need to take your time and get to know your recipe.

I would just mention in passing that Wilkinsons have an offer on a small three tier stainless steel steamer this week for £10.  Either that or look in Argos as they usually have a deal on as well.

Right am going to get ready for tomorrow.  I have lunch boxes to prepare.

Catch you all tomorrow

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Years ago I bought a steamer from M and S, not expensive. I think it must have steamed hundreds of pounds of vegetables by now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts