A day to say goodbye

Tuesday the day my Uncle (also as it turns out my Godfather's) funeral day.  The last of my paternal grandparents family the end of an era and where the younger males of the family now become patriarchs.  There is only my mum and her sister in law of the older generation left .  A day of saying goodbye the end of one era the beginning of another.

I think the following poem The Rose Beyond the Wall expresses most succinctly

A Rose once grew where all could see
Sheltered beside a garden wall
And as the days passed swiftly by
It spread its branches straight and tall

One day a beam of light shone through
A crevice that had opened wide -
The Rose bent gently towards its warm
Then passed beyond to the other side

Now you who deeply feel its loss
Be comforted - the Rose blooms there
Its beauty even greater now
Nurtured by God's ow loving care

I am hoping the day passes off as gently as it can be for the sake of my uncle's widow and son.

RIP Uncle Basil

Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts