52 Week Challenge




This should have been posted up on Sunday but real life has got in the way again and as a result I have been delayed in popping up this update.

For over a year I was knitting squares in white, lilac and purples and I have started knitting the border strip as well in white.  I am not what you call a natural knitter and I get bored ever so easily with knitting; I am trying to get to grips with that but I do try to be neat. Since completing the squares however it has all sat in a bag waiting for it to be stitched up.  I hate sewing up knitting as well.  However I have made a start; once it is all stitched up I can finish off knitting the border.  I decided to tackle this one first as I can work at it piecemeal a bit at a time until all the stitching is done.  I am aiming to have it sorted by the weekend.




Still a little way to go but nearly another project to bite the dust. 

It is my birthday on Saturday another year older; it is also Bank Holiday weekend so I am potentially looking at some time to play.  I have slowly been accumulating fabric to have a go at some patchwork  Anything that is cotton whether it be old shirts all has potential.  I have a couple of patchwork projects on the go UFOs so I might drag those out too.

I also have a new book by Debbie Shore called Half Yard Heaven it is £3.99 with the Book People at the moment which has a few little projects in that I am quite interested in. 




I also recycle material where I can and re-purpose it.  Unfortunately I managed to wreck an expensive pair of sheets with a sharp toenail which rent the sheets in half and made them un-usable.  I have plans to make a valance trim for the bottom of my bed to tidy it up all in the spirit of waste not want not.

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Th Thanks for the update. The woolly blanket is going to be lovely when you finish it. I will add you post to Sunday's 52 projects post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. H dreamer

    I also popped up a post here as well http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/52-projects.html

    Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts