Experimenting with crochet

As I have indicated in a  previous post I am intent on experimenting with different crochet stitches and expanding my stitch repertoire as up to now I seem to have concentrated on trebles and variations thereof.

I am quite taken with the popcorn pattern and I have located a tutorial here:


For the single row version


hhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK4V6ZtC2A

 For the double row version:


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMKIf_WErOQ


And a pdf written pattern here.  The written pattern provides for one row of the popcorn stitch where in the video tutorial a double row is used although in complementing colours.

Here is the link to the pdf.

 popcorn_flower_granny_square_bobwilson123.pdf

Here is a photo of my first attempt - I was quite surprised how quickly I got to grips with the popcorn and I really like this pattern.  I just need to work on the tension a little bit and placement of stitches in the centre.  I also did an extra row of the popcorn stitch  - might have to pull this down as it seems to have worked up tight.  Will have to see.






I think that this would make a lovely bedspread - a future project - I have the bulk of the wool but I need to get some UFOs out of the way first.

Comments

  1. This is the only problem with the internet, there are so many things to do. I have to be a bit strict and try to finish things up or I end up with so many projects on the go.
    I like this popcorn stitch and I've never tried it so will take a look at the sites, thanks for that.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Briony the tutorial was very clear just took me a couple of goes to work out how to do it. One of the better tutorials I have come across. And yes the internet is a problem in that it gives you ever so many new ideas, but then I would rather have too much choice than none at all.

    Take care

    Tricia

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts