Topping up the Freezer

I a very chuffed to have a freezer again - I did not realise just how much I had missed having one.

Today I have been lucky enough to find at my local shop six punnets of red plums which would normally be about £1 apiece reduced to 25p per punnet. Its lovely to be able to take advantage of items like this as now I have somewhere to put them.  I have for the time being therefore frozen them whole.  They will come in useful either for some Jam, chutney or a pudding but at that kind of price you cannot refuse to sniff at them.  There is always something you can do and I had thought about a mixed plum and other fruit compote (thinking with the addition of Raspberries, blueberries and maybe a few strawberries here) cooked down to a puree and then either served with some vanilla ice cream either as a hot or cold compote; or maybe drizzled all over a sponge flan base, topped with ice cream and then meringue and then baked in the oven to brown the meringue (Baked Alaska) now that is seriously scrummy and relatively easy to do. 

I have also bought two larger chickens for £3 apiece which had been reduced.  I shall either roast these whole or pop the in the slow cooker either way they should make good eating or maybe even Chicken and home made chips.

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts