Quiet end to a busy week

It has been a very busy week this past week at work where in a normal team of 5 only two of us have been in - so it has been busy to say the least.  So much so I have been shattered this weekend and well for once have done absolutely zilch, nuffin.  

I have done some research on some cooking ideas and crafts and some new to me blogs; watched tv spent time with the animals and generally just chilled for a change. Have also written up some recipes I want to try this year.  I have a book quite a thick book where I handwrite recipes that take my fancy

Its been cold and miserable here in Peterborough today and I am so glad I have been in the warmth just simply being me.  It has been quite liberating for me not to be charging here and there and everywhere  after everyone else for a chnge - I just needed time out for me for once.

Tomorrow (now today) I have an appointment to see the Consultant at the Hospital.  I have booked the day off work  as i have to walk to the hospital and walk back.  No doubt they will order bloods whilst I am there which always takes some time and home .  When I eventually get out  I am hoping to fish out one of my craft UFOs on my return as my fingers are itching to be occupied again  and I am in the mood to craft.  I have found a lovely little blog called the patchwork heart which is a riot of colour and beautiful projects and it has kind of ressurected my crafting mojo just a little bit.http://thepatchworkheartuk.blogspot.co.uk/ 

 I am itching for a new project but I have to finish some UFOs first  By the time I have finished I hope to have a stack of blankets/throws; I have however a load more on the list I want to have a go at including some fancy cushions (my Nan used to make these for me) which are a form of smocking referred to these days as Canadian Smocking which gives fancy organised pleats to velvet and/or sateen cushions to add dimension and style to simple cushions.

Right am nodding its another day.

Hope you are all snug and safe wherever you may be.

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts