The Aroma of Freshly Made Bread




Wafting through the house is a difficult one to resist and has always been one of my weaknesses. Last night I made such a loaf and because I was in a hurry I decided to test drive a Co-Op white bread mix.  This time I used my mum's Cookworks bread maker  rather than my Panasonic and I added butter to the bread mix as well - and the loaf has really risen.  Needless to say I had some very perturbed pussy cats who could not quite out what this square thing on top of the big freezer was doing there especially as it was making a very interesting noise.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating so they say and we needed bread for pack ups and this was the easiest way around at very short notice but I went to bed feeling very hungry nonetheless.  Another one will be put on when I get home from work I may do a loaf or I may do some buns.  My Tiger buns will have to wait though until the weekend when I have a little more time to play. 

I quite enjoy making bread  I am not too good with the old kneading as my hands are not very good and get quite painful so I tend to cheat a bit I use the breadmaker more for mixing the dough and kneading it and then do other things with it. 

My brother gave me a Hotpoint mixer and that has a dough hook so I may well fiddle with that as well.  Might have a go at Croissants.  I am also going to test out my bread prover this weekend as well will be ideal for the Tiger rolls.  A lot is happening.  The TV aerial man is due this weekend hopefully before the Rugby Match is on on Saturday otherwise I will know a very unhappy bunny.

Right must get a wriggle on.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts