Embroidered pieces

For a while now I have been collecting little pieces of embroidered mats, tray cloths, damaged table cloths not spending very much in the process and accumulating a stack of things that will one day be turned into a very individual heirloom quilt for my bedroom as well as bed cushions, handkerchief purses, coathanger covers, curtains, bunting, nightdress cases.  I have also been collecting pure cotton fabric as well so that the quilt will look more like a crazy patchwork and I have also thought about adding extra embellishment when it is all put together with additions of lace and also more embroidery to covers seems and the like.  Here are just a few of the embroidered pieces I could lay my hands on easily.  There are a lot more.  It will be a case of using the pieces of embroidery wisely without spoiling the dynamics to get the best overall effect. So I foresee lots of umming and ahhing and rearranging this and not liking it there etc.  Out of the top cloth I think I will get two generous sized embroidered panels for the quilt.  I am quite taken with this top cloth I just love the colours.






As I find the other fabric tray cloths etc I will add the photographs in. There are quite a few bits and bobs.

Is it me but in the Charity shops where I live you hardly see the tray cloths or embroidered cloths anymore.  I think what is happening is that the shops in order to get the most for their charities are bunging them straight on ebay or the like to get the most amount for their given charity.  You cannot blame them.  I will just have to keep my eyes peeled.

I also need some more linen and lace chair back covers for me to sort out another project that has been on the back burner for a while.  I have been collecting the cream  and lace linen chair back covers for a while but I need some more so that I can actually achieve what I have in mind.  So will have to keep  a look out as I really do need a few more.

Right catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Some more of the embroidered pieces








Comments

Popular Posts