Sometimes

..... you forget just what you have and when you find it again its exciting like re-visiting an old friend or renewing an acquaintance.  Well it is for me. Books are like friends they do keep you occupied if you are on your own and they give you something to do to keep you occupied and the little grey cells busy.  I get so much from reading it stretches you in a different way and gets the ideas buzzing in the brain.  I read extensively and I save magazines that have useful patterns so it is always with pleasure that I re-find such items that I had put carefully away and then forgotten about.  I mention the forgotten about quite seriously as my memory is not what it was or perhaps it is that I am distracted more and then lose the golden silken threads of thought and completely lose the plot.

Such was the case yesterday.  I found a stack of magazines both cookery and needlecraft and general magazines that I had squirrelled away for future reference.  I was tired last night especially after the week of pain from the teeth so I curled up for an hour or two and had some me time trawling through some of the magazines.  To tell you the truth it was a luxury for me to do this; but why do I always feel guilty if I take time out.

Some of the magazines are years old - I am a bit of a hoarder  and when I have had clear outs in the past I end up needing said items not too long after.  Such is life.  These snuggle downs as I call them are when I have my creative thoughts and get my ideas for doing things. (I am already planning things for the C word later in the year). 

I am trying to be organised about it as well so that I can find things when I need them and I intend to start a little earlier this year with my preparations on all the basic stuff as I really want more time to play in the run up to the C word this year.  At the moment I plan to have a couple of days at least baking stuff for the freezer i.e. getting it prepared and raw freezing so all have to do is bung it in the oven type of cooking where I can.  This has all risen to the surface since trawling through the magazines yesterday.  (I found some very yummy recipes). I have also found a couple of cross stitch charts that I would quite like to have a go at, but I need to get some of the UFOs out of the way first.

In recent weeks I have not been watching as much TV - if I have watched TV its been a catch up time suitable to me once all the chores are out of the way  -it seems to be helping me manage my time more.  As a result of that I also need to revisit my routine.  I want to get shot of some of these UFOs and for the past few months I have not been able to settle.  Perhaps when OH starts his fishing I will be able to settle and concentrate as much as I need to.  Also with the lighter nights coming I want to get as much done as I can whilst I can.  I have much to do and I want to make as much of that time as I can.

One thing I do need to do this weekend though is make myself a new ironing board cover.  The other one has bit the dust and I have a stack of ironing to do.  I have some pre-quilted cotton fabric somewhere in the stash so I think making that cover will be one of the first things I do this weekend (that is if I find the fabric).

Right catch up later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts