I just cannot resist a bargain

Some more finds from a quick visit to the Charity shop recently.  I do not always get around to have a look and can sometimes go for weeks.  Today however I popped around and found a charming dressing table complete with mirror and little drawers on the top of the table only to find it had been sold.  It would have gone beautifully into my bedroom.  Was only £35 in excellent condition and had four deep drawers underneath.  Never mind another one will come along when its right; but I did like that particular one.

I also picked up these little bargains all for under a £10 all told.

4 x little heart Le Creuset moulds in a lovely shade of Green - £2 the lot.




A Lakeland Shortbread Mould with thistles on - £2



A Green Leaf dish I quite like this and thought if I could get hold of a few more I could have a real centre piece in the shape of a flower especially if I can find a little green bowl to go dead centre - £2




I was right about the tablecloth showing off my green glassware.  I seem to have had a real thing about the colour "green" just lately.  It seems to go with all colours and is a perfect foil for mixing and matching items in.



And the piece de resistance.  My first piece of Carnival Ware for the princely sum of £4.  My Nan had a full fruit set with six little dishes that was only ever kept for special occasions (usually Christmas).  Don't know what happened to that!  This should look lovely on my Christmas table.  Will have to see if I can find anymore to match. 

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I love love depression glass and love my green, too... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely on the table. I have a lot of crystal and cut glass I inherited from my Nan and some from my mum. Special pieces with some lovely memories. I know its daft but the pieces personify those happy times and take me back so they are never quite gone from our hearts and minds. I have only recently started collecting the green glass - I am a bit hooked on it at the moment and have recently found some lovely pieces. I am a little old fashioned in that I love the table to look nice and with pretty pieces on whether that be for breakfast, dinner or tea. It all started off with a cruet set of a salt pepper and mustard pot at a Jumble Sale in pale lemon and green with some dairy cows embossed and then painted for 50p. That's where my collections started. I still have it to this day.

    Have you got you pantry completed yet at the farm or are you still adding to it.

    Take care

    Tricia (aka Pattypan) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts