Its been a quiet evening

I have not accomplished much but then I did not get in until 6:30pm and then had to start cooking tea.  We had chicken stir fry sweet n sour served with rice was ready by about 7:20pm.  Since then I have popped a couple of loads of washing in the machine and done a little more rubbish throwing.  My dustbin was emptied today so I am in the pros of doing more sorting and disposing of yet more tat and rubbish.  Still loads to go.    However I did ring one of my younger cousins and had a right good catch up with her.  We were on the phone for over an hour.  It was good to catch up with her.

Still loads more to do - looks insurmountable at the moment but will get stuck in again tomorrow when I get home.

This week seems to have gone quite quickly probably due to the fact that I had Monday off and doing that tends to throw me a bit and I end up getting the days muddled up.  Saying that I have had  a few early nights this week - I have been listening to what my body has been demanding and having an early night for a change.  It does make me feel as though I have not achieved anything though the evening has got away from me before I have even started.  So I am stumped both ways.

I am also trying to sort out my master shopping list for items that we have on a regular basis so that we have these readily to hand and I can calculate quantities and work out a realistic budget for food on a monthly basis without it costing an arm and a leg.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get some more preserves made and put away as well.  I have ingredients for marmalade as we are getting a little low again.  I also want to reintroduce my yogurt making and try again with some soft cheeses. Natural live yogurt is very good for you especially as a liner for your tummy first thing in the morning before you eat anything else, and especially if you are on long term medication.  It is reasonably easy to make.  I use traditional methods of making yogurt but I use the Easiyo flasks for culturing and making the yogurt. I have the equipment now I dearly need the time to be able to experiment and play.  I will get there eventually just need to plot and plan things a little better.  For the best part I just use live yogurt and milk to make my natural yogurt but every so often I treat myself to some of the flavoured sachets just as a treat mind, but generally use a fresh fruit puree kept in the fridge to add to my yogurt of for adding to breakfast cereal.  Its cheaper to do it yourself and when I had the kids at home it became terribly expensive.  Making my own meant I got more for my money for the kids to eat.  I have a couple of flasks so in effect we have one on the go whilst the other is culturing.

Right had better get a wriggle on I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

Catch you sometime tomorrow.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts