Pepsi or Cola its up to you

And no it is not an advertisement for either company.

When I was younger I used to go and stay with my cousin and one of the treats ( I am easily satisfied) that I used to get whilst there would be this little drink which is quite easy and suitable for children and adults alike and very refreshing.

The process started with making some Lemon Barley water ice cubes and keeping them in the fridge until solid.  When they were ready my cousin would get a bottle of Coca Cola usually out of the fridge and then top up long hi ball tumblers - I even remember them as they were either turquoise Green or amber coloured (free from the petrol stations at the time) with bobbles in the glass very lovely they were too and then simply adding the Lemon Barley ice cubes to the coke and then drinking. On a hot summers day this used to go down a real treat.

I gave a recipe the other day for Lemon Barley Water how about making your own ice cubes in preparation for this with that mixture or in the alternative a bottle of Robinsons Lemon Barley Water!

I need something it is just too hot.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts