Raspberry Jam

There's nothing nicer than the aroma and taste of home made Raspberry Jam.  Its to die for.  I got mine underway last night but ran into a slight technical hitch as I had run out of Jam sugar.  I had therefore had to use granulated but it just was not setting.  So I nipped to Lakeland and bought some Certo this morning and have used that to achieve a set.  It seems to have worked thank goodness!  I did keep the pan sealed last night so as to keep everything okay.  It tastes gorgeous.  I may well make a second batch of this as Raspberry and Strawberry are both favourites in this household.

I still have some preserves to go.  Hopefully I will be able to fit these in everything else I am pottering about doing i.e. washing, ironing, cooking Sunday lunch the usual suspects.  I am still very tired.  I only have a part day at work tomorrow as I start the back class to start work with further improving my core muscles.

I also need to pot some of my plants into bigger pots and get them out and then plant some more seeds.

A little bonus as a result of buying the Certo is a little jam and preserves recipe booklet which is lovely has some very different recipes in including a recipe for Kiwi jam.

Right I had better get a wriggle on lots to do little time to do it.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts