Thank Goodness

Its the weekend. Its been a long and busy old week and it will be nice to be home. 

I have a lot to do this weekend and so I may not be on here as much as I normally am but needs must and all that jazz. 

I have a lot of sorting and tidying to do and this weekend I want to try and get a bit more organised on the meal front.  We do not do too badly but I feel things can be worked on a tad more than we have managed to do so far.  So back to the drawing board as they say. 

I also want to get my act together in advance because if my feet need surgery which the Physio has told me I definitely need then I want food sorted so that we have meals to cover this period.  I have been looking at some ideas for the freezer for crockpot cooking on Pinterest in relation to this but a little more research is required in this respect and something I am looking at in great detail.

I plan on going up to the market at lunch time to see what I can find.   I want to look at the plant store but  I am particularly after some plum cherry tomatoes to bottle up in brine in kilner jars for the pantry shelf.  We use a lot of tomatoes and I have realised that I have not put much up in this respect thus far this year for the winter months so that needs remedying. 

I am also on the look out for rhubarb as there are a couple of cordial/syrup recipes that I want to try. 

I have a load of peppers which I think I am going to squeeze a few into the freezer  ready for stir fries - we use a lot of peppers in various dishes and the rest I have a pickle recipe for. 

It will soon be time to do my piccalilli again.  Will have to see what I can find.  I tend to work with what I can locate, but always with a mind to certain items. 

I also need to find some nice dark purple plums for a new batch of Chinese Plum sauce.  I also would like to get hold of some Strawberries to bottle for the winter months.  So there is potentially an awful lot going on. 

I have of late been trying to do one thing a night so that come the weekend I have a little more time to do other things and/or play.

I am hoping to get my canner next month - its something that I have had my eye on for quite a few years.  Hopefully the investment in equipment will assist me with a better way of food processing.  Trouble is not too sure on quantities so have decided to jump in the deep end so to speak make a reasonable amount of something and then next year if we need more bottles of stuff increase the make list quantity.  That way round hopefully I should be able to find the natural level of what is required for my household without going OTT.

I also have a pile of ironing to sort.  That sort of thing can be done later at night though when you cannot make too much noise doing stuff so I tend to work through it through the wee hours.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts