All sorts going on behind the scenes

here but not a lot to show for it.  Will tell and reveal all shortly.

I have been sorting out one part of the preserves cupboard this evening ostensibly to recycle the jars - some jars I had forgotten about and instead of having to buy new jars they are now residing in the dishwasher being sterilised to death.  That will save me some time in the next few weeks with all the things I would like to achieve and also save me some money.  I also recycle jam jars where I can get replacement lids to fit.  Will probably sort under the stairs over the weekend but at least I have made a start.  The jars will have to be done again just prior to using them but at least I will be able to get them stashed and sorted so that I can lay my hands on them easily.

My hex sauce bottles and juice bottles have also arrived so I will be having a go at the apple juice over the next week or so.  I also have Apple pop and Ginger beer to do.

I am going to the veg shop on Saturday and I am going to start with some pears in syrup - if they have the plums in will do some of those as well.  Want to batch prepare as much as I can and then get them packed away ready for use concentrating on one or two fruits and buying in bulk where I can.  That way I should be able to get a lot put up quickly especially with the Beilmeir pastueriser.  I have the juicing attachment to this as well and now I have my bottles should be able to take advantage of any cheapie apples.

By the way if any of you are interested in preserving but really have no idea what to do there are a couple of good tutorials at vigo presses here are a few of the links but there are recipes as well you just have to follow through on some of the leads.








Oh and by the way much as I love their equipement on a practical side and money side cannot always afford their prices  however if you ebay you will be surprised what you will find.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts