The Christmas PJs and Christmas Traditions


Sorry I did not get back last night did not get in until 11:45am and was completely shattered.

As you may have gathered I am in overdrive preparing for Christmas  - my Christmas having escalated five weeks earlier than it normally would.

One of the traditions that my mum and dad always had with us when we were little was that we would always have new pjs to go to bed with on Christmas Eve.  Now I know I am an adult but every so often you have to let the inner child escape and this is something I have carried on over the years the buying of new pjs to wear on Christmas Eve.

This year I have my new pjs already popped up  ready to wear on Christmas Eve.  I have gone for a jolly red tartan set which are proper pj jacket and trews in a lovely brushed cotton which should be lovely and warm £9 for the set from Primark.  I must say that they are very good value on jumpers and pjs and I am not too proud when it comes to labels it does not have to be designer this or designer that as long as it is warm and comfortable and I like it - that has to be the overriding factors for me these days. 

Are there any little traditions that you follow in your family or customs/things that you do in the run up to Christmas.

Would love to hear from you.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

xAs you may have gathered I am in overdrive preparing for Christmas  - my Christmas having escalated five weeks earlier than it normally would.

One of the traditions that my mum and dad always had with us when we were little was that we would always have new pjs to go to bed with on Christmas Eve.  Now I know I am an adult but every so often you have to let the inner child escape and this is something I have carried on over the years the buying of new pjs to wear on Christmas Eve.

This year I have my new pjs already popped up  ready to wear on Christmas Eve.  I have gone for a jolly red tartan set which are proper pj jacket and trews in a lovely brushed cotton which should be lovely and warm £9 for the set from Primark.  I must say that they are very good value on jumpers and pjs and I am not too proud when it comes to labels it does not have to be designer this or designer that as long as it is warm and comfortable. 

Are there any little customs and traditions that you and your family follow.  Would love to hear from you.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Because we were so poor when the girls were tiny, their stocking always contained cheap chocolate coins, a satsuma, a CS book, and a new toothbrush (which they needed anyway) Now they are in their 30s the tradition continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela things were different back then and I had the same type of childhood. Not much cash or things but what we were rich in was love. We never asked for things as children - you didn't back then very often anyway and my brother and I would never really ask because we had an innate understanding that we needed to live and eat and be clothed and that those were the priorities. However we always looked forward to our sock being filled with a brand new penny a satsuma, some sweeties and a small trinket toy and some nuts. We were more than happy with the same. I carried on the tradition with my step-children. Sometimes it is the simplest of things that mean the most and are remembered head and shoulders above everything else. Now you have a new generation to pass on the custom and tradition too. Christmas is what you make of it to me its about family and unconditional love. Take care.

      Pattypanxx

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love this post. We are busy thinking of new traditions for the new place as I don't have that many myself. We are doing the new PJ's on Xmas eve and having a bird from the farm as the table centre piece. I've got an item to do every day in December for the kids leading up to 25th and will do that every year xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do not do it try getting the kids to hang up one of their socks (we always had long ones as children) and then fill with nuts, sweets, satsuma, a small trinket toy, marbles, jacks that sort of thing. As Angela's family did toothbrush etc. Make a big fuss of hanging up the stockings before they go to bed and leaving a glass of port or sherry (or whatever) out for Santa claus each with some carrots for the Reindeer and a mince pie each. Once that final act of putting out the food for Santa was accomplished it was bedtime for us. The lights were always low just the Christmas tree lights and a lovely fire burning in the grate and the excitement. I am glad you have something to do each day for them. It will bring it so much more alive for them. Part of the excitement the next morning after seeing our stockings and pillows/sacks full was checking to see that Santa had had his snack and a drink. It was impolite not to leave anything. Its up to you what customs and things you do as a family. Like a big thing was always made of writing our letters to Santa and letting them go up the chimney. Helping mum with the Christmas puddings, Advent; helping Dad collect foliage such as holly out of the hedgerow to help decorate the house. Children just need to feel involved. One of the things we children also had to do when we went to my Nans and there was a large group of us was prepare a party piece for the rest of the family - like a little show if you like. Piece of poetry, a dance, singing, juggling. Then there would be charades and then singing lots of singing when we were children as my Dad used to play the piano and my granddad the Banjo and Squeezebox. If your family are coming to you - tell everyone to prepare a party piece and get the children to prepare something too. Take care.
    Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts