Saturday Round up

Well its been a busy day; we have had the light today although it has been very cold.  OH has the shed all built up - the roof needs to be felted and he is part way there with the electrics and I am therefore very hopeful that tomorrow we can start moving things in once the roof is felted and the electrics finished.  I am extremely pleased with things thus far - however it has taken longer than originally anticipated to get it built.  But these things are sent to try us.  At long last things are going in the right direction.

We have had a lovely tea tonight a steak pie together with mashed potato, mashed swede, cauliflower, broccoli, peas and lashings of gravy.  So I am now officially stuffed.  OH is officially shattered and is sprawled.  With him being diabetic I have made sure that as a result of the unusual exertion his body has need of more fuel to restock his reserves and keep his blood sugar stable. He is now sprawled recharging!

We have to go shopping for a few more things for the shed sometime tomorrow and there are some other bits and bobs I want as well.

I also want some plants to put outside the back door leading up to the shed.  We do not use the front door so the back door is our main access point.  I intend to do the door wreaths for the front door and also the back door.  I would quite like some winter roses as well.  They always look spectacular. I have my eye on a couple of bay standard trees in pots, some box balls, a couple of mini Christmas trees in pots and some proper candle lanterns.  I had also had an idea to do some hanging baskets filled with Ivy but when I looked at the shop the other day the Ivy was not in particularly good nick. I want it to trail over the sides of the baskets and maybe pop in some other plants on top. They had some nice planters at Waitrose the other day.  Will have to wait and see what materialises.   Right other things to do and tomorrow is another day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts