Talking Chutney/Pickles

I still have a host of chutneys/pickles to make which I hope to get made over the next few weeks.  These include:

Sweet Country Pickle

Ploughmans Pickle

Tomato and Onion Chutney (some more for Xmas pressies).

Caramelised Onion Marmalade

Some Rhubarb Chutney

Peach and Onion Chutney

Five Spice Peaches

Spiced pears


Ann's Apple Chutney

Apple and Onion Chutney

Apple and Garlic Chutney

Sweet Pickled Onions

Tricia's Pickled Onions

Pickled Shallots

Pickled Eggs

Pickled Quail Eggs

bread and Butter Pickles

Giardiniera 


This is without anything else.  

Why so many chutneys well different chutneys with different things and there has to be a nice balance on the things OH likes and the ones that I actually like.  A lot will go in pressies but then again they may not.  It has to last until next year in any event.  Some of the chutneys the ones I use time and time again I will make at least double the amount as well recipes like peach and onion chutney/  We don't just use chutney as chutney either I also use it in different dishes as it gives a bit more flavour.

Pickled Cucumbers

More Pickled Beetroot

Pickled Red Cabbage

Preserved Lemons

Lemon Chutney

Kashmir Chutney

Hot Chilli Jelly

Chilli and Pepper Jam

Chilli jelly (normal strength)

Fig and Onion Marmalade (uses dried figs)

Crab apple jelly

Spiced Crab apple jelly

Oh well as I have said before tis only the depth that is different.  September is usually manic on the preserving front anyway and there is still so much to do.  By hook and by crook I am going to get there though.

I had better get a wriggle on then.

So if for one reason or another I go missing you may have an idea of where I might be - In the kitchen!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts