Catch up

Last night was a bit hectic to say the least (Sunday) and I did not get to bed until 3:00am which was later than anticipated due to the jobs I was trying to accomplish go wrong and I ended up doing a whole lot of other stuff besides.  So needless to say I was a bit weary before I even started.

If was first day back at work (Monday) and I was really tired after a very busy day.  So last night I just chilled and did not do a great deal apart from cook tea, mooch through some magazines, catching up with posts on both Blogger and Bloglovin and also update a couple of posts (to come in due course).  So it has been a completely leisurely evening despite plans to the contrary.  However I will have to get back into the swing of things for tomorrow night.

I have in mind to do some peach jam tonight (Tuesday) and also start off the piccalilli (the new version) and maybe the River Cottage version as well.  I have the vegetables all in situ.  I just have to knuckle down and get cracking.  Lets keep my fingers crossed that I get this out of the way with.

Sunday night I also threaded some mushrooms (the same principle as the chillies) but I use the baby button mushrooms and dry them naturally for crunching down into mushroom powder which I then add to home made soups and stews helps give a little more flavour.  You do not need much - be careful as too much can overpower.  Just one of the many things that I do to stock up the condiments and seasonings cupboard.

It will not be long before the herbs are ready to scrunch up.  I keep a lot of the basics in as a rule such as Bay Leaves, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.  I also dry chopped Chives.

I have also been buying some very nice chunky and strong garlic from M & S at 50p per bulb. I am going to make some garlic and parsley butter and pop it into ice cube trays and then freeze.  Once frozen I will pop them into a double bagged container in the freezer and then just get a cube or cubes out as I need them.  I double bag them and then pop them into a tub as the flavour can transfer which you don't really want.

We had a nice piece of gammon and pineapple each for tea last night which went down very well.  We have a curry for tonight's tea which will be nice and quick and will mean that hopefully I will be able to get on with my preserving this evening.  I am also starting to collate further jars (larger ones) for pickling the shallots.  I will need to get some more on Wednesday lunch time.  I have a lunch date with a friend tomorrow who I have not seen for an absolute age.  In fact her and her partner were responsible for introducing OH and myself.

For Wednesday night's tea we have Steak and Ale pie together with mashed potatoes and veggies.  Whilst we were at the Butchers on Sunday I tried to get some pigs liver but they did not have any.  I just fancied liver and onions too.

We also received some bad news last night in that OHs sister is not very well and is not expected to last much longer.  He got into a bit of a state as he just cannot deal with situations like that.  He did not with his mother, his grandmother, my mum he just cannot cope with it.  I have explained that he really should try and see her if at all possible not for himself but for the rest of the family as I really feel they need the support.  However we shall see what we shall see. If he will not go then I will.  She has been very good to me.

Right had better get ready.


Catch you all later on.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. so sorry about sister-in-law.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, it is appreciated. Hope you are okay.

      Pattypan xx

      Delete
  2. Yes, so sorry about your news. Hugs to you and OH love fluffy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fluffy it is very much appreciated. Hugs to you too and hope you are keeping well. Take it things are hectic with you at the moment with the kiddies. Take care in any event pattypanxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts