Flowers, Pot Pourri Candles Soap and Planning ahead

Perhaps this post is slightly out of season but there is no harm in planning for next year either.

I am very lucky to be in a position to have a Dehydrator which in all honesty I need to do a little more with.  I do air dry things but I really need to get this sorted and planned out.  I have started to plan a list of the things that I would quite like to have a go at for next year (although I have not finished with this year yet!).

The Dehydrator I have is a nine shelf Excalibur.  I have done things like strawberries tomatoes, lemons, oranges, bay leaves but I am planning on doing an awful lot more.  From time to time I head towards the Excalibur main website which is here


Go under recipes and then type in what you are looking for

Here is the link to Pumpkin Spice Pot Pourri


Here is the link to spicy fall pot pourri


Rose Petal Pot Pourri


Summer Peach Pot Pourri




So there are plenty of options here for making your own and no doubt on other sites too.  This is something I really want to do, so I also need to plan some flowering plants out like a small cutting garden.

Anyway I was talking about Pot Pourri.  I bought some the other week when I went to Johnsons the Butchers.  It is a Rose one and it smells divine.  This will do nicely in the run up to Christmas but then I would like a festive one for other the Christmas period.  Then back to the Rose again afterwards.  I love the traditional scents I suppose I am an old fashioned kind of girl.  However I do want to make my own and plan on it being an addition and part of a present for friends on birthdays and the like.  Well that is the intention anyway.

I particularly love fresh flowers although not always in a position to indulge myself but when I can afford a little treat which is not often and it is usually when they are on offer I do so.

However I also believe that artificial silk flowers play their part too.  Just recently I have invested in two sprays of silk flowers in deep pinky plummy colours and I intend to mix them in with some existing pale pink silk flowers I already have and which are situated in a crystal jug.  I bought this at a car boot for £5 and it was only when I got it home that I realised that there was a crack in it.  However you do not see this easily but the silk flowers look lovely in it.

I also love scented candles and candlelight generally.  I have the wax and wicks etc. and intend to make my own scented candles to light the house with this autumn/Christmas.  I also have some soap base and intend to do the same with that too.  I may set too one Saturday soon if OH goes fishing and do a bulk session and get things out of the way with and allow the candles to settle and the soap to cure.  I have after many months managed to gather together all the bits and bobs that I need which has taken a little while but I have eventually managed it a little bit at a time.  Its good to be able to do something useful to help scent, decorate and be useful in one's home.  It makes it very individual and I can customise to what I would like.

So I have lots of planning ahead to do.  I have a note pad where I scrawl my ideas now I need to put them in some semblance of order.  As usual there is a lot to do and very little time in which to do it.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts