Over the weekend.........

I also popped to Waitrose and spotted these star candle holders. There were only two on the shelf and no price on them.  When I got to the till I had them priced up and they were £10 each!  As I liked them and as I have not bought any Christmas tree ornaments or accessories thus far this year I have treated myself to them as they are so different.  They will also go in very well with those bits and bobs I have already accumulated.





I don't need much on the decoration front although I add a couple of baubles or so each year that particularly take my fancy.  However I am leaning more and more to natural decorations and those home made items  I have seen a little felt garland made up of gingerbread men and also some other felt decorations that will go in very well with the theme I have for the tree, predominantly Victorian with a twist.  I have received the Debbie Shore Christmas book which is where I got one of my ideas from.

I have seen a very expensive sleigh decoration that fits on the top of the tree. It is lovely but not what they are asking for it. I cannot go to that lengths and I have seen it more expensive too.  However I shall keep my eyes open as it really is for the person who is still a child at heart. (I will freely admit to that one) but the price will have to come down a heck of a lot!  It is currently £85.68.











Sorry they are not my photos but if you want to see the full link it is here:



I have also spent the afternoon making puff pastry savouries cheese and bacon and cheese and onion.  Perhaps the correct name should be envelopes.  Oh has a Buffet at work tomorrow to welcome a new Manager in (who they already know). 

I have also got a Mediterranean style chutney made which basically has tomatoes, onion, garlic, and apples in it.  I have messed around with a  recipe so I am hoping that it will come up well.  I have eight jars of that.  Because it was an experiment I messed around with a hand blender before the chutney had thickened up enough so whizzing it up made it a little slacker more like a sauce but it definitely is a chutney.  I shall see how it settles in the jars before making any alterations to what I did.  This is what I do every so often is experiment with different combinations and then I work it from there.

I also have prepared some mixed forest fruits, 9 jars of.  The piccalilli will have to wait another night.  Then I had the faffing around getting stuff ready for us to wear to work tomorrow.  I have mentioned before it is just the depth that varies.

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention this but the other day when I was in Wilko's I came across a syringe for general kitchen use which was just a couple of pounds.  I mention this as I believe it would be very useful to those of you out there who might be into meat curing/preserving in any way.  I bought a couple but have not yet used them.

Back to the grist.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts