Sunday morning Pootling

After  my busy out and about day yesterday I really need to start to settle to household chores and getting stuff sorted for the week ahead.  You no sooner get into a weekend than its time to go back to work again.

To start with it would appear that I have some new followers who I would just like to make welcome.  I hope you enjoy my musings there are lots of posts going back forever on all sorts of bits and bobs. Anyway get that cup of tea or coffee and make yourself comfortable you are very welcome.

Its a grey dreary Sunday morning here in Peterborough and it has gone slightly chillier again.  We have already had bacon butties for breakfast.  I bought some green back bacon from the Butchers yesterday and it is very tasty.

I have added a few more bits and bobs to the Christmas putdown and will update the list later on.  However in the next few weeks or so I intend to make some sausage rolls and freeze them so that at Christmas instead of leaving the sausage rolls in a tin or in the fridge then I shall just get them out of the freezer and straight into the oven when we decide we would like a few.  There is nothing nicer than a hot sausage roll anyway.  I also intend to make mincepies, coconut cheesecakes all the basic stuff the same way so that for spending a little time now I can reap the rewards at Christmas and concentrate a little more on the fancier stuff. I have bottled cherries on the pantry shelf, bottled peaches in syrup, bottled pears and apricots and intend to do some fruit salad in the next few weeks or so and bottled strawberries so I can always make a home made "Black Forest" style gateau or a Pavlova or two, Trifle and other tasty treat and just add whatever fruit floats my boat at that time from the pantry shelf.  So there is a reason to me preserving so much for the pantry shelf.  There is of course also the option of keeping puff pastry in the fridge or freezer and then making up a variety of different fancies from a simple pack of puff pastry like, bacon, cheese and mustard parcels, mille feuilles, pinwheels, and there are always on Facebook posts on how to do something different to make the taste buds go into overdrive.  So I am also popping up puff pastry into the freezer so that I have enough availableover the Christmas period.  There is always something you can do in a little amount of time with a packet of puff pastry.  Its just getting yourself organised and as the saying says practice makes perfect.

Right am off to get a cup of tea and to get pootling away in the kitchen.  Hope you all have a lovely quiet Sunday wherever you may be.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts