If it wasn't so funny I could cry

About four months ago we had a house inspection where I gave the person who inspected the house a whole list of items that needed doing including that we needed a new toilet pan/bathroom as the toilet pan was cracked and the bath is rusty in the bottom (it was when we moved in and the Landlady the current Landlord's mum chose to do nothing about it - that was 30 years ago.

Nothing has happened at all since that inspection and another one is shortly due.

This morning I nipped to the loo, sat down there was a hell of a clatter and I sank looked to see what had happened and there was a large chunk of porcelain on the floor from the toilet pan.  The toilet pan had broken so that we could not flush it.  Major problem.  Sunday morning panic (late Sunday morning).  I came up stairs to report to OH  told him what had happened and tried to resist the need to bust into fits of giggles, but it was very clear he was  not at all happy!  I simply had not done it on purpose.  (Please no jokes about me being overweight I am just not going to live this one down).  I think I must have accident waiting to happen tattooed on my forehead!

So off we went to B & Q.  Have managed to find a replacement pan and cistern at not too exorbitant price, but ours was an old style loo like the porcelain ones that you used to get in public toilets.  The hole goes straight into the floor rather than at an angle like the newer versions.  Picked the brains of an Assistant who did his best in the circumstances and we found what we needed to make it work with our set up.  However OH needs daylight to see what he is doing and it was by the time we got back losing the light. Our loo room is tacked onto the end of the main bathroom and does not get much light anyway.

I have stripped everything out and washed everything down for him to hopefully get it replaced soon I have made sure it is hygienic.  In the meantime some silicon and monster gaffa tape are holding it together so that we can go in the meantime.  I am just praying it does not go on me again as that I would never live down!

I do hope everyone else has had a lovely Sunday.

We have had a very nice Sunday dinner a little roast pork and crackling, with mashed potato, mixed veg (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower), and then peas and shredded cabbage with lots of gravy and apple sauce.

Me I am off to carry on.  Have a programme to watch at 9:00am and then some ironing for our clothes tomorrow.  I have a feeling it is going to be a really busy week.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. That is too funny but yes it is sad.. smile.. Your Sunday sounds wonderful... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. NOT your fault but the landlord should have taken action years ago. I hope you get the money back from him for the replacement.

    I can match your little incident, as many years ago when I was pregnant with one of the children, we were staying at Manchester granny's and her loo was downstairs and tacked on the end of the kitchen. So to make life easier for me in the night, she provided a gazunda! Imagine my chagrin when I used it in the night and that broke beneath me. M-in-law's comments were not nice ones as she didn't like me much anyway. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pattypan, I just found your blog from another similar blog list and I'm so happy to hear your voice. It's difficult being an honest, straight-forward person, isn't it? People don't know whether to gasp or laugh when you document the realities of life--I love it. Being a Yank, and currently immersed in the alternate reality that exists here, it's so nice to realize there are still people who can accept and laugh at life's little difficulties. I will be back....Kate in Oregon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts