Quick trip to Waitrose

Another quick visit to Waitrose during my lunch hour.  I had predominantly gone for some white wine vinegar.  God forbid I had run out which is a rarity.  I keep a stash of vinegar in the jam cupboard under the stairs.  I normally  buy it from the Cash and Carry in bulk its cheaper that way.  I get both white spirit vinegar and malt vinegar.  However for wine vinegar I tend to go to Waitrose and get their own brand it works out cheaper than some of the others and the results have been very good thus far.  So four more bottles of white wine vinegar procured.  I could not carry much so only bought the four bottles.  I will need to go and get more later in the week as well as some other bits and bobs that I spotted whilst I was in there but yet again could not carry. For me I did not really buy that much this time round and I spent quite a bit of the time browsing and looking at new items and considering whether or  not they would get added to the Christmas stock pile or not.  Predominantly not but so far I have found that Waitrose is the cheapest for a large box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates at £6.59 per large box.  Round at the Co-Op an elsewhere they are charging £8 a box upwards.

I also bought a rack of ribs each with some sweet potato chips for tea tomorrow night.  So I shall let them stock up and get going a bit more before I look at them again.  They are very much winding down on the garden front at this time of year but they do have some Rosemary bushes which I might get one or two of as I love fresh Rosemary and I think they will make a useful addition to my back garden.  I am looking for some plain metal containers that are not painted and are just metal that could be used as plant holders.  I have some Ivy plants and I am looking to get some Lenten Roses which if I can find what I am after would be ideal for the small back garden.


I came out of Waitrose feeling all Christmassey.  They are starting to get the Christmas decorations and garlands in. I bought some bits from there last year and am looking to add to what I bought last year.   I saw a rather nice heart shaped wreath made of fir cones that was not too expensive and also a couple of lanterns which would fit in with what I already have. Everything always has to fit in with those items I already have. They even have their fat (rotund) stuffed Robins that they had last year.  They do have some nice cake stands and serving stuff as well as glasses will see if I can get them reduced later on but I do have a weakness for nice tableware.  One of the things I collect is either second hand or brand new gold coloured glasses of different sizes, different shapes and for different purposes i.e. liqueur glasses or champagne flutes.

Yesterday when I was in there I picked up the latest Land Love and Landscape magazines.  There is a special Christmassey stand alone version that covers quite a lot of the crafts they have included over the last six years or so, but today they did not have this in.  In one of them though they did have a cheerful Robin garland that they had a couple of youngsters making.  It was very cheery and one that I may well have a go at.  I like individual stand alone items like that.

I also have my train ticket booked to go and see my cousin shortly.  Am very much looking forward to that a proper girlie day.

Right had better get a wriggle on things to do and no time to do them.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts