Some Finds For Christmas

I nipped into the Charity Shop yesterday and picked these two meat platters up for £2.  They are in  excellent condition and I am very pleased with them.  They will be put to good use over Christmas and will blend in well with the Ivy crockery I already have.




Then there were the silk flower decorations.  They match well with some items I had already bought. These are for the front room/lounge -  some have missing flowers but I should be able to save those to make a good set.




I also managed to source another four gold glasses with twisted stems.  I bought a few of these last year but I collect gold coloured glasses in particular especially for the Christmas table. It is an ongoing collection.  I did find some nice new ones in Dunhelm but I am not paying £28 for four glasses.

I also found two amber/gold matching serving dishes with a pretty fluted edge for £2 the pair during the week as well so it will all blend in well with the existing decorations and glass and pottery pieces I have.  These collections are pretty much ongoing year to year.  I specifically target gold coloured glassware or good quality cut glass items as although not a perfect set they match in well with each other and make the table look interesting antiquey and charming and it does not cost very much and goes to help a worthwhile charity; so is a win win situation all the way round.

When I was in Lincoln the other day; I treated my cousin to some bits and bobs for her sewing and I thought I had got away with it.  That is until it came time to come home and she presented me with six little Christmas panels and suggested that I make my first Christmas table runner.  Here are the panels - I just need to find a red cotton or red and white spotty cotton to mount them in and then to hand quilt.  Colourway is exactly right for my Christmas table this year. Silver, white and red.  I have silver Mercury Glass items (various) and lead crystal glass items for the centre of the table and my two Stag Tealight Candleabra.  So lots of lovely items with which to decorate the house with and not much money spent.



Whether or not I get it finished for the Christmas or not I am not sure but if not it will be ready for next year.  Sometimes with the greatest will in the world there is just not enough time to do everything; but at least the greater percentage is achieved.

It was very cold here overnight and is still icy this morning.  I will be heading to the garden soon to get some fresh air although I will be wrapped up to the dozen to try and tidy the back door garden tidied up and the pressure cleaner out to clear up the moss.  I need it to look really tidy.  The shed can be done a bit at a time.  I chose Seagrass for the colour of it and hope to get the planters done as well.


Right I had better get a wriggle on. 

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

P.S.  I also forgot to mention that my cousin had made me a pinny for Christmas.  Here is the pinny excuse the model she is in training!





Comments

Popular Posts