Sunday evening round up

Boy is it cold.  I have been so cold today that my hands and joints have stiffened up.  That's usually a sign that either it is going to get even colder or that it is going to bucket it down with rain.  At the moment because of how cold it is outside I can quite easily believe that we could get a little bit of snow especially if it warms up a tad.  But then again we are low lying round here and only tend to get snow when it is seriously bad elsewhere.  I went round to get some extra money put on the gas and electric and it was a lot colder than it had been earlier on.  I am now cocooned in the house where it is nice and warm and I do not intend to venture far either.  May be to the dustbin but that will be about it.

We had the Cornish pasties from the Butchers for tea tonight with a milkshake each..  We were not really hungry so that is why we have not had a roast dinner today. We do not do bad on the food front so when we both are not famished (not that we really know what famished is) but it makes sense to just do a bit of something; a scratch meal.  I am hoping to get to grips with some decent cooking during the week including some home made soups. With me being at home soup is an ideal meal for me not too much of it but it is filling especially with a bit of nice bread.

It will be a working holiday for me this week apart from the day out at my cousins.  I have a couple of more weeks due to have off yet before Christmas.  The second of which will be the week before Christmas so whatever I can get done this week will make it easier for me in the long run and as usual I have an awful lot to do.  Christmas decorations will go up at beginning of December so that I can forget about them and then concentrate on everything else and hopefully get everything wrong.

I also forgot I think to mention that we had also ordered the Turkey when we were at the butchers.  That is something else out of the way and ticked off the check list.

Keep safe and warm wherever you may be.

Right duty calls.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It's been very cold here too Pattypan. We have had the central heating on for a couple of sessions, and again now. It was throwing down hailstones at one point, and I made sure the birds had extra food. I think I will get fat balls for them tomorrow too. Sounds like you are getting organised, but all your holiday in the winter? You need some Cornish sunshine me thinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm Tricia, once you're cold it is so hard to warm up again isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, once I have got cold I have had it and if I get what I really call over cold on the inside its usually a sign that I am not very well. Just have to wear plenty of layers xx

      Delete
  3. Hi BB, yes I am in need of some Cornish Sunshine, but it is not going to happen for a while unfortunately. I usually take about 2 weeks in the winter and 3 weeks or days thereof through the summer, but with me being off work for the first two months of the year its sort of tail ended At least it will give me time to get things how I would like them and probably get some serious play time too. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts